Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) is a state higher academic school which has the rights of legal entity and acts as a public institution. The University was established by the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania.
It is one of the largest schools of higher education in Lithuania, which strives for leading position among Baltic countries in technical and engineering education as well as the field of scientific research.
VGTU is the second university in Lithuania according to the number of “study baskets” granted and the only technical university among the Baltic states in the QS World University Rankings 2012/2013.
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University pursues to foster highly qualified, creative and socially active specialists, who would be able to successfully adapt to both Lithuanian and foreign markets of education and labour.
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University encompasses the following:
- 63.000 alumni over more than 50 years of the University‘s existence
- 11.675 students (over 2012/2013)
- 10 faculties
- 11 research institutes, 23 research laboratories, 5 research centres,
- 933 academic staff members
- 102 study programmes based on three-cycle structure: undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate studies
- 13 study programmes taught in English
- Over 200 business partners all over Lithuania
- Around 280 higher education institutions as the partners